Sunday, September 6, 2009

Spearfish, Deadwood and Sturgis, South Dakota


Day 416 (Video 1) (Video 2)

I have been worried about where I wanted to hang for the Labor Day holiday. You don't want to be on the road looking for a campsite. Its best to find a place early and ride it out. While in the Badlands I ran into this guy who recommended the Spearfish City Campground. I was a week late in arriving but it was a great place. After checking in the camp host came over to greet me. Dub was his name and he knew about me from the guy in the badlands who had just left a few days before. I missed him but he had told Dub of my adventure. After talking for a good while I waved goodbye and said "Good Luck to You and To Me" Banjo Dan. Dub turned around and told me the guy I meet said the same thing. I knew this was the right place for me to be. Dub and I became good friends but I never saw the guy from the Badlands again. Don't even know his name.



No comments: