Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunny Day Skiing in Flims, Switzerland 8/3/09 Day 234


Day 234 (Slide show) (Video)

There is still a storm coming but it seems to be running late. Maybe it will show tonight. I woke up to sunny skies and cold temperatures. It’s Sunday and the crowds are larger but it really doesn’t feel like it. The place is so big that it can handle a lot of folks.

When I walked out and saw the sun and the beautiful village I forgot all about my headache and sore ankle. Yes it is true, I have another sore ankle. I can’t seem to find a good pair of boots. What I need is my own pair but I’m sure this will be my last time skiing so I will just suffer through it.

Skiing was good today even though I was tired. I made 7 to 8 runs every couple of hours. There are virtual no lines so when I got tired I would find a nice rest stop for a beer then hit it again. I stopped in at the supper market for some snacks before getting on the Tram which makes it nice. The prices are quite high here in Switzerland.

Andrew and I are leaving or hosts today and we aren’t sure where were going to stay. It seems Andrew is going to just wing it. I asked several times what the plan was but he was vague about it, I would have been happy to look around yesterday afternoon for a place but whatever.

We got lucky at a hostel we found around 7PM they had two rooms in the attic unclean that we got for 10CHF each. The only problem is I have to walk bent over. The place is defiantly built for kids.

Tomorrow night we have a place lined up in LAAX which will be a lot better.

No comments: