Tuesday, December 9, 2008

“Do you want a Job” 9/12/08 Day 145



Day 145 (Slide show) (Video)

It’s another great day in the Alps. This is the third beautiful day in a row. There is blue skies and great snow. The temperature is about 5C and that makes the snow pretty light but not as light as Utah snow. I am starting to get the feel of the boards now. I made it to the ski shop this morning and changed the Telemark equipment for some pretty good downhill boots and skis. A funny thing happened this morning at the ski shop that I need to tell you. I arrived at 7:40 and the owner arrived at 8am. He’s is a nice guy and has been really trying to help me get a good fit with the boots. I stood around waiting for him to arrive for about 15 minutes and as I’m standing there I happen to push on the door. It was open. OOPS! Someone had forgotten to lock it the night before. I didn’t go in and just stood out front waiting. Within 5 minutes he showed and greeted me then walked to the door and put in the key. Something’s Wrong (Junior Watson, Bluesman)

He was very surprised and a bit embarrassed. I told him I noticed and was standing guard for him. He laughed and we went inside where he went straight for the work schedule to see who closed the shop the night before. “Do want a job?” he asked. I had already told him of my travels so I knew he was joking but I not so sure I should have told him no so fast. It would have bee fun.

I’m on a mission though and nothing is going to keep me from finishing my quest. I can’t get let myself get distracted, I have to stick to the plan.

The mountain is very nice now. There are now lines at all. The restaurants are great because you can find a seat anywhere even at lunch time. I always try to ski during the lunch time of 11:30 to 1:30 but today it didn’t make any difference.

I’m excited about the new snow coming, everyone is talking about it. Andrew went to a bar/restaurant tonight to check out the village. The prices aren’t too bad and we got a table right off. Just a nice day all around.

No comments: