Saturday, November 15, 2008

It’s an early Christmas 15/11/08 Day 121-123


Day 121-123 (slide show)

Today was quite bazaar. With all my stuff to go through it was like Christmas when I was a kid. I’ve inspected all the gear except the bikes and I’ll get to them tomorrow. No since rushing a good thing I figure. The weather isn’t that good anyway. I’m trying to get the computer working but it seems to be sluggish. I think it didn’t like the trip very well.

I thought I would take it to a café and see how it works using the Wi-Fi. I had just got started when it got hit by a windows update and that took 25 minutes. It was so slow that I couldn’t work on anything else. I have two batteries but one showed charged but it wasn’t and needs another charge. I had to stop after about an hour of not getting anything done. Damn “Something’s Wrong (Junior Watson, Bluesman) nothing else new except it is nice to have my bikes and gear.

On Day 122 I spent the whole day working on sending out emails and catching up on old business. It’s Sunday and the weather isn’t that good again so I haven’t build the bikes yet. Maybe I will this afternoon. I still need to get a pump to fill the tires.

Think about this, try taking your computer and stuffing it in a box for 5 months. When you decide to turn it on you will find it gets inundated by all kinds of updates. They come from all over the place, most of the time you don’t notice them because they happen behind the scenes. It sure slows down the computer and in some cases they come so fast that it seizes up and I have to shut down and restart. It’s very annoying and I hope it quits soon.

Tomorrow I’m going to get out and buy a pump. I opened the box with Betsy in it and I’m going to put her together.

On Day 123 I am having a hard time getting off the computer. I want to but there is so much to catch up on. I’m still unpacking the bikes and trying to find a place for the boxes. The weather is only 3C but I headed out for the bike pump. There wasn’t anyone around and as I got to the store it was closed for the holiday. I forgot about that and I knew it too. I thought it was for the public offices not the whole city. Damn I can’t think straight now. Back to the flat and get things ready for tomorrow.

No comments: