Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The mystery of “Julius Zeyer” 22/10/08 Day 95-97


Day 95-97 (slide show)

As I seem to always do, I headed for the cybercafé to check on any information about my gear. Today was a disappointment and I was sure I would hear something. So I headed out to another new section of the city. I had a great time even though I was by myself. That’s one thing about seeing all these great things from around the world, no one to discuss them with. That’s not so bad though, at least I can choose where I want to go.

I started out at this new beagle store where a lot of foreigners go. I’ve been looking for it for a few days. Then I saw this huge clock thing and figured I had to see what it was. It made for a great day long adventure of the hill above the city.

The clock thing as I called it turned out to be the infamous Metronome. I had heard something about it but wasn’t sure where it was. Now I know and what a place, with a beautiful view of the city below. The Stalin statue was here in the late fifty's but the Czech's blew it up. This area will make a great place to ride my bike as I try to get back in shape. This park area is really nice with an unusual monument that I stumbled on quite by accident. This monument is to an author and poet and is quite stunning. His name is Julius Zeyer. There isn’t a lot I can tell you about this guy. I’m going to have to find some of his work and see what he is about. He sure got a great monument though in the perfect spot.

I found myself going through the King’s Garden and then on to the Castle. This is the first time I have been to the Castle because I was hoping to go with someone who could tell me about it. I didn’t realize I would be going in from the back way.

It’s hard to get a good photo from this hill though because the sun shines right at you. A spring morning would be perfect.

On Day 96 it was another cybercafe day. I’m sure spending a lot of money in these places. If I could have all the money I spent from China to here I could have bought a computer. Damn, I should have listen to my friend Bayani from REI. He told me to buy a small one.

I was able to speak to the shipper in Hamburg today and it’s going to be a couple more weeks because they need to build a load to Prague.

Somethings Wrong (Junior Watson)

I decided to reach out to the Couchsurfing community tonight for the first time since I’ve been here. I just didn’t feel ready before but there is a gathering tonight at a place that looks more my style so I gave it a try. It was quite nice and the guy who was running the night’s “meet up” recognized me right off. He’s name is Elgelen. He is from Sweden and a real nice guy. I had sent him a note or two even before I left for China. I had asked him for information on a storage place for my bikes which I didn’t need in the end. At that time he went by Clabby’ or (Clabba) I guess. But I’m glad he changed it. I guess it was to tough for us English speaking tourists. I had a great time and I think I will try to go to more events.

On Day 97 I was happy to not have to head to the cybercafé again. Charlie let me use his computer again. I have to watch it though he seems to think because of his generosity that I should walk on egg shells around here. He’s a big over weight, laud guy who is very opinionated. I’m wondering weather it is worth using the computer or not. Sooner or later I will have to put him down a bit.

I went to see my friend Miro again tonight. I didn’t stay to long, just a few beers. He had asked me to go with him to a festival in the country but I new when he sent me the email to come a see him it wasn’t going to work out. He felt real bad about it. That’s alright I have a lot on my mind with my bike and gear so close and I don’t have a good feeling about it anyway. So I’m not going.

No comments: