Sunday, August 10, 2008

Lukala and Phokoding 10/08/08 Day 24


Day 24 (slide show)
It was hard to pack but I did the best with what I had. I needed the duffel bag but I had a very strong XXL stuff sack from REI of course and I used that. I wore my Keens and put my boots in the bag for the porters to carry. I have 4 waterproof stuff sacks that I used for clothes and sleeping bag.For my pack I'm using my Osprey Kestrel 48 which is a little large compared to the others and there day packs but I like to carry a few extra things. I have a hard time packing light. Need to work on that. I think I had the heavest pack but not sure. it was the biggest though. Tomorrow I will change things a bit when I put my boots on. The flight was un-eventful and weather was fine. Sure could have used that extra day. Lukala (2810) is a village and the starting point for the trek to base camp and several other routes. The first day is a lot of downhill and all I'm thinking is how hard thats going to be coming out when I'm tired. Lot's of rock steps in the trail and very wide. Many porters carring everything. Krishna was right about so much. Our first teahouse was the cheapest looking place around. I hope this isn't an indacation of thing to come. The rain started at 2pm and didn't quite until 5am and it came down hard. Tomorrow will be hard. Need to prepare mentaly. No blisters today which is good.

No comments: