Friday, August 8, 2008

Kathmandu 8/08/08 Day 22


Day 22 (slide show)
After taking care of the Credit card and bankcard issue which took longer then it should have I decided to get out of the hotel for awhile. As I left there was a lot of commotion going on. These police wagons were going by full of protesters. You could feel the tension in the air. All the shop keepers either hide behind something or went out to the streets and shouted something. Nothing happened but it was strange. Its a good thing I planned to get robbed. I kept an extra set of cards from another bank stashed away just in case. I leave to go on the base camp trek in a couple of days so I had the Citibank send a card to the Hotel. The Citibank CC people were more difficult but they said they would do the same thing. So it works out alright except my CA drivers license was also taken and I won't get another one of those. I made a mistake by carrying it. So while I'm on Everest the cards will arrive and I will get them when I return. I went to dinner with some Couch surfers that just arrived into town but for the most part it was uneventful.

No comments: