Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Crash - NOT NOW


14 Days to Go
I went to the Doc for my finial group of shots today. I know that when I get stuck like a pin cushion the chemicals make me fell tired and week but I still had to go do a little training on the bike. I thought it would be nice to take a ride around Newport Beach and Irvine. I was with a friend at work, Drew and we went about 25 to 30 miles. Not that much but about 4 miles from the car I got caught trying to turn left in the intersection and crashed. I fell on my elbow and my right hip. At the time my elbow was my concern because it was bleeding all over. After riding to the car my hip started to hurt. When I got home I couldn't walk. I had parked my car in the street and needed to get it in the garage later and I couldn't walk out there. I did though and it felt broken. It was nauseating to get in the car because I couldn't sit behind the wheel. All I could think of was how stupid I was to let this happen with 14 days to go. I was determined not to let it stop me. I'm writing this two days later and I am still limping a little and it is very stiff but I know that it is just a bad bruise. Good Karma I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like suspensful writing as much as the next guy, but could you begin the ones which include possible bodily injury with "I'm O.K., But..."?